Thread: multiple runs of wire?

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

multiple runs of wire?

I know some guys have tested this.so i would like to hear from them.

I had 1 run of power to my 800ci batt in the front running off a 120 amp alt.a 2k amp would drop it down to like 10.5 and below sometimes.well i put the amp on the same side of the car as the battery and made 2 short runs of pos and did 2 grounds to the frame from the amp and from battery to frame.it's a solid frame from front to back.now it only drops down too 11.5v this is all burped at 60hrtz

so I'm wondering if i will make a gain grounding the amp to the battery with 2 runs?will it make that big of a difference if i do 8 runs total on a 2k amp?

oh and got another question. what about making a gain not using the 2 150 fuse's up front?

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by splfrek View Post
    I know some guys have tested this.so i would like to hear from them.

I had 1 run of power to my 800ci batt in the front running off a 120 amp alt.a 2k amp would drop it down to like 10.5 and below sometimes.well i put the amp on the same side of the car as the battery and made 2 short runs of pos and did 2 grounds to the frame from the amp and from battery to frame.it's a solid frame from front to back.now it only drops down too 11.5v this is all burped at 60hrtz

so I'm wondering if i will make a gain grounding the amp to the battery with 2 runs?will it make that big of a difference if i do 8 runs total on a 2k amp?

oh and got another question. what about making a gain not using the 2 150 fuse's up front?
    I was wondering this exact question.

I have two runs of 2/0 and four runs of 1/0

I wanted to know if I should do 3 runs of each or does the ground not make a big difference going to the battery and just do maybe one 2/0 to the battery ground and the rest to the positive?

what did you find out as no one replied to your question?

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    I was wondering this exact question.

I have two runs of 2/0 and four runs of 1/0

I wanted to know if I should do 3 runs of each or does the ground not make a big difference going to the battery and just do maybe one 2/0 to the battery ground and the rest to the positive?

what did you find out as no one replied to your question?
    well i have run 8 runs before BUT that was with large 4k+ amps. my main question was just about doing so with a small 2k amp for street stock.
    i did not test any further with it I sold everything to do a motor swap